Saturday, March 28, 2009

Paul Barrett's 30th Birthday Cake

Yesterday Cass' husband Paul turned 30, and tonight she is having a party for him. As a surprise she asked me if I would make a cake for him in the shape of a red sports car. His favorite car right now is a Nissan GTR so I modeled it after one of them.







There was no way I could have done this by myself, so I asked Dave to help me. We started by baking 5 - 13"x9" cakes for the body of the cake yesterday. Then Dave carved it into the shape we needed. He did an awesome job!


Then we covered it with chocolate buttercream frosting, and put it in the fridge overnight.



Today we woke up and pulled the fondant we made out of the fridge to warm up. We started to "decorate" the cake at about 11:30, and finished by about 4. It was a lot of work, but I think that Paul will really enjoy his red GTR cake.





This was definitely the hardest cake I have made besides the Bella & Edward wedding cake, but it turned out better than any I have made so far =)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Lucy! You're awesome! That cake rocks! I've been wanting to do one that is carved, but I'm too chicken. That's great that Dave is able and willing to help with stuff like that. I want to see the wedding cake!

I love your new hair-it's really cute. And you're insane with all of that Twilight stuff :) I'm a fan-but nowhere near you. Your shirt for the DVD party is funny.

Amy, Alex and Andy said...

That cake was seriously amazing. You are so talented! (with a little help from Dave of course) It was so fun hanging out with you, can't wait to do it again!

Rachel said...

WOW! So overly impressed! How can I see the Bella Edward wedding cake? :)